Saturday, July 25, 2015

All About This Kinder Teacher (almost all!)

Thanks to my friend Erin from Kindergarten Dragons, I found out about this linky going on, and I just couldn't wait to participate. Thank you Erin! And of course, thank you Kinder Tribe for coming up with this idea and organizing it!

So this is all-ish about me:


I'm so excited to start my 6th year as a teacher! I never thought I would be teaching when I first came from Argentina about 16 years ago! I couldn't even speak English...let alone teaching...but somehow I made it! I was very lucky to find a great school with a remarkable principal who was able to see beyond my accent and who gave me the opportunity of a lifetime! Since then I couldn't be happier doing any other job!

I think one of the things I couldn't do with out is probably my computer (an Blue Moon LOL), it's a bit scary how much I depend on it (the computer! not the Blue Moon!)

Patterned Card stock (and scrapbook paper) brought so many possibilities, for decorations, but specially for the crafts we make in the classroom. We use it all the time!

Probably because I love birds, or because my brother in Argentina breeds fancy pigeons from all over the world, but the Pigeon books by Mo Willems are my favorites! These books are always a hit in my class! These are the books that my students want to hear gain and again!

There are so many great blogs out there that it's hard to pick just one. However, my go to blog is Kindergarten Dragons. Erin's posts are always packed with lots of good tips, and hello: this is how I learned about this linky!

The last but certainly not least, why I love to teach Kindergarten. There are so many reasons, such as the grow you see at this level is amazing. Witnessing how these little kids who come to you in many cases without even knowing how to hold a pencil, or write their names, or even recognize basic colors, just to see them months later writing sentences and reading little books, it's just so incredible and rewarding at the same time.
However, I think that the best thing about working in Kindergarten is just that it's so much fun! Being able to be silly and playful every day is priceless. I don't know of any other another job out there where you get to go to work on your pajamas, go out on a chase for the gingerbread man or the leprechaun, or leave cookies out for the classroom elf, just to come back in the morning and find out what mess he left behind. I honestly believe I have the best job I could ask for!
Well I hope know you know me just a bit better. Thank you so much for reading!




6 comments:

  1. It was so much fun to read your post!!! I LOVE that you are originally from Argentina and I envy you the ability to speak more than one language! That is so AWESOME!! You should be so incredibly proud of your accomplishments! To say the least for conquering the English language, which is ridiculously tricky for no real reason!! I puffy heart love your reasons for choosing your favorite book, how awesome is it that your brother breeds fancy pigeons! I bet your kiddos love getting to see pictures! I couldn't agree with you more about the reasons for being a kinder teacher! Those kiddos have such a huge imagination and they still believe in magic, how precious is that??
    Thank you so much for your incredibly kind and sweet words about my blog! You have very much made my day! I'm so grateful to have met so many amazing people through this journey!! If there is ever anything I can do to help you, please let me know! It totally makes me smile ear to ear knowing you read my blog and enjoy what I write!! Thank you so much for being so wonderful!!
    I hope you have an incredible week!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to join the Kindertribe family. I am going to go visit Kindergarten Dragon's now (thanks to you!) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of Kindergarten Dragons before, but thanks for the recommendation! I also can't live without my computer ;)
    -Kaia
    Kinder Colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, lovely blog!!!You are doing a great job! I can't live without my computer either! I mean who can???? Right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It truly is a perk that you get to laugh and be silly everyday! I often think that too! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It truly is a perk that you get to laugh and be silly everyday! I often think that too! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete