Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday on my Birthday!

Thank you Doodle Bugs Teaching for another week hosting this weekly linky!
 For my first random I have one announcement: It's my birthday! Among other things going on, I was hoping to get around to go to the beach today. It's truly shameful that living only 20 minutes from the Atlantic coast, I haven't been able to stop by, no even for a quick swim. However, no such luck. It started to rain early in the afternoon, and that was that!
For the good news though, every year I try to post something free on my special day, so head to my store to get this fun Freebie!:

Basically, students look carefully trying to spot (an color) all the hidden sight words. Also a fun way to learn the concept of camouflaging! This is a free sample, but if you are interested on the full packages, there are 4 of them, each addressing about 21 to 27 sight words, and the best part: they are a buck each only for today!



 Just on time for my birthday, I received an email saying that I got a book donation, in BookMentors! I can't believe it how fast it was since I requested it only a few days ago. This is a great website, if you haven't tried, it's absolutely free.

Another fantastic news is that my husband who has a back injury and is partially disabled, got approved for his second surgery.
He had this first surgery back on October, and although he is doing significantly much better, he still has some pain. Because this was a work related accident, he had to be approved by Workman's Compensation, and boy! they took their sweet time. His lawyers have been fighting in court since 2007. But he got approved, and he is having his second and hopefully final surgery next Tuesday, so we are very excited making all the arrangements! I am so glad he will be able to have it done before school starts!

I have been so busy getting everything ready for school, but I am happy to report that I was able to cross two things off my list!
1) My Jitter Glitter is all done! You can download it for free, just click on the picture:

2) My Kindergarten Survival Kits are ready! (Also available for First and Second Grades).



I got this little cutie for my birthday! It's a mini-speaker but pretty powerful! I wanted one to take to school with me, and this one is small and light. It's only about 2" x 2" x 2". I like the fact that is rechargeable, no worries about replacing batteries!
That will be all for today! Thank you for reading, and have a marvelous weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Have a great birthday weekend! I'm going to checkout BookMentors, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I love the camouflage sight words!! I can't wait to try them out. I hope all goes well for you husband on Tuesday...I'll say a prayer!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday my friend, I hope you are able to have an incredibly fabulous day!!
    I LOVE those camo sight words, they are so great! What a fun way to practice those important words!
    BookMentors sounds really awesome, I'm going to have to check it out!
    I'll be thinking happy thoughts for your hubby's surgery, I hope everything goes well and that he is able to heal quickly and without too much pain!
    Thank you so much for sharing your 5 with us, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erin. I'm sure everything will go just fine! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! I hope it was full of joy and laughter. I am excited to check out BookMentors. What teacher couldn't use a new book or two? I'm looking for new speakers for my classroom, and the cube looks like just the right size. I hope the surgery is a successful, uneventful one.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, Thank you very much for stopping by and reading! You have to check out BookMentors!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday!

    Best wishes for your hubby on a speedy recovery! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing way to celebrate your birthday. My youngest love your ideas. Good luck with your husbands surgury! May he recovers greatly.

    ReplyDelete