Friday, August 7, 2015

Five for Friday with a Teacher Toolbox

Thank you Doodle Bugs for another week of Five for Friday!
If you are new to this and would like to be part of this weekly link, just click on this picture to learn more about it.
Here are my five randoms for this week:
I was on Pinterest and came across this Teacher Toolbox, that apparently everybody is loving and making. It looked like a good idea to get the clutter out of my drawers. With so many things in there, sometimes I can't even get the drawer to open without engaging in a fight with it!
So this is what I'm talking about (picture from Lowe's,where I bought mine):


I also bought 2 cans of pink spray paint, which were on sale for $1 each, so I could turn the "Blue Plastic Storage Cabinet" into my Pink Teacher Toolbox.
Here it is, pretty in pink, drying out. However, if you are going to do this, please make sure your neighbor doesn't have the sprinklers programed to start when you are in the middle of painting! Yes, that actually happened to me! Not fun! So here it's drying in the garage, away from my neighbor's sprinklers!



While waiting for the paint to dry out, I printed some basic labels, and glue them on scrapbook paper:
Do you see the labels for Band-aids, and Binder Clips??? I don't know what happen to them, but after taking this picture, I lost them! I looked everywhere, and even have my son to look for them! We could not find them, so I had to make 2 new ones! I'm sure I will find them eventually, but I hate when that happens!!

 Then I used Mod Podge to glue them to the inside of each drawer.

 And that's it...here it is, the finished product, my Pretty in Pink Teacher Toolbox!

I can't wait to take all these things out of  my desk drawer at school and fill my pink teacher toolbox with them!
You can look "Teachers Toolbox" in Pinterest, there are tons of them. If I inspired you to make one, don't forget to post a picture on Instagram and tag me so I can see it!


We start working today, and I just can't believe the summer it's over! While I am excited to see my coworkers and my new kids,  I just love summer, and it seems like this one went too fast. Maybe because all I did was work, and work, and then work some more! We didn't go anywhere, we didn't do anything special, we just stayed home the whole time. Other than going to Tampa for my husband's surgery, I feel like the summer sneaked by and left without warning! So this would be me right now:
 (By the way, this drawing is from Maitena, a very talented cartoonist from Argentina). Se has several comic books translated to English and I found this one in Amazon. She is hilarious!



 This is my classroom when I first walked in on Tuesday:


Had to do a lot of moving around furniture, but it really didn't look too bad.


I've been having fun making some banners for my classroom using some of my scrapbook paper. I love how easy was to make them and how cute they turned out (I can't say the same thing about the picture I took though! Sorry, the light in the room was awful!)
It didn't take more than 10 minutes and this was my first time making this. I actually spent more time deciding what patterns I wanted than what it took to make it!
 I got so excited about these, that I even made little ones with the paper left over (this are only 4 inches long):

If you are interested, I am planning to have a blog post about this, sometime this weekend explaining what you need. Stay tuned!




While getting ready for next week when we have our Open House, I've been doing some laminating. I got done my rules posters and welcome sign, among other things. Yay! A few more things to cross out of my list!
Did you know that if you print your posters on photo paper, changing the settings on your printer to photo paper instead of regular white paper, your printing quality will be 100 times better! I usually buy photo paper at the dollar store and use it to print posters, game boards,  and things like that. Try it, you will be amazed by the difference it makes!
So, these were my five randoms for the week. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and an extra special beginning of the school year. Thank you for reading! PS: Don't forget to come back to my blog during this weekend to learn what you need to make your own banners with scrapbook paper in 1,2,3. I'll try to take better pictures, I promise!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure got a whole lot done this week! I LOVE your Pink Teacher Toolkit!! I've been thinking of making one myself! How did you get the papers the perfect measurement, did you measure the drawers? Your classroom looks AMAZING!! I'm so jealous you were allowed to leave stuff up on your walls, we have to take EVERYTHING down each year for 'cleaning'. Your banners look great too, they'll be an awesome addition to your classroom decor! I can totally relate to not doing anything this summer, my broken ankle has kept me firmly on the couch. Oh well, there's always next summer!!
    I hope you have an amazing weekend and a wonderful start to the new school year!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a Teacher's Toolbox, and I think I want to try that in my classroom and at home. It is amazing what you can do with something as affordable as scrapbook paper. I have never tried your trick with the photo paper, but I am going to try it the next time I am printing. You are right about summer, it comes and goes within the blink of an eye.

    Christie @ Waldorf School of Baltimore

    ReplyDelete